Caring for your Vinyl Flooring – Absolut Carpets
Vinyl floors have made a comeback in recent years, and if you’re thinking about those old ugly tiles your grandmother had in her kitchen, think again! Vinyl tile have transformed in appearance over the last few years, today resembling the most beautiful tiles and wooden finishes. There are quite a few reasons why vinyl flooring is so popular, and the main reason being durability. High quality vinyl floors are extremely durable and will last for many years to come. To ensure that your vinyl floors stay beautiful for even longer, there are a few tips on how to care and maintain this flooring option. Read more below about the Dos and Don’ts when it comes to caring for your laminate wooden flooring.
Absolut Carpets is a leading supplier of vinyl flooring in Johannesburg, offering our customers a beautiful range to choose from. Contact us today for more information and to get a quote about our vinyl flooring installations in Johannesburg.
How to care for your vinyl flooring – The Dos and Don’ts
Although vinyl flooring is extremely durable and can stand up to quite a lot of abuse, there are a few Do’s and Don’ts to ensure that your floors stay beautiful for as long as possible:
Cleaning your vinyl flooring:
- Wipe up and clean spills as soon as they happen – never leave spills on the floor as they may cause yellowing or stains.
- Clean your floors thoroughly on a regular basis (once a week at least), to remove dirt and grime that can damage the floors and cause stains. Vacuum or sweep the floor first to remove loose dirt, and follow with a wet mop and suitable detergent.
- Remove stubborn dirt by scrubbing with a non-abrasive cloth or sponge and some cleaning detergent.
- Use natural, soft detergents to clean your vinyl floors, and no oil-based or abrasive detergents.
- Don’t use any wax or polished on your vinyl floors. Vinyl floors are non-porous, meaning that the wax or polish will stay on the surface, collecting dust, and can cause the floors to decolour or go yellow after a period of time.